Did you know that sound cannot travel in a vacuum? That means that space is utterly silent; no noise can be made there. If that doesn’t boggle your mind maybe these five facts from factinate.com about sound and sound travel will! And, if you’re having trouble hearing sounds right now, the culprit could be earwax impaction. Try out EARWAX MD today to unclog those ears so it doesn’t feel like you’re floating in space.
- Scientists have used sound to levitate objects. By using focused sound and ultrasonic waves, they have moved objects around.
- The loudest natural sound on the planet is a volcanic eruption. Specifically, the eruption of the volcano Krakatoa killed 36,000 people and was capable of bursting the eardrums of sailors 40 miles away.
- The denser the material, the faster sound is able to travel through it. For instance, sound travels faster through steel or water than air.
- For a human being to warm up a cup of coffee with their voice, it would take 8 years, 7 months, and 6 days of yelling. That’s a well-deserved cup of coffee!
- Most people hate the sound of their own voice because it’s not what they’re used to hearing in their head. Your body adds more bass and alters the resonance of your own voice, so when you hear a recording, it sounds different.