Ear pain is a pretty common thing to have. Sometimes it can become so severe it can get in the way of your plans and result in spending the day curled up in bed. Fall has begun and there are so many things you don't want to miss out on. Our product, EAR PAIN MD™, is a fast-acting, OTC product that contains the maximum strength without a prescription. It works on contact to desensitize the nerves and provide numbing relief. However, if you're looking for a strange home remedy or just need a chuckle, this post is for you. This article will give you 7 of the strangest remedies known to cure ear pain to try out next time you need them!
7 Weird Remedies to Cure Ear Pain
1. Chew Gum: Chewing gum can work out the jaw resulting in the ear canal to open. Be aware of how long you chew the gum though, it is possible to overwork the jaw and just worsen the pain you are experiencing!
2. Get a New Pillow: A poorly constructed pillow can actually be the cause of ear pain by adding unneeded pressure. Try using a softer pillow to see if it gives you any relief.
3. Potatoes: I couldn't tell you why... but people swear on this. Head up some mashed potatoes and place them in a sock and rest it on your ear. This should be a given.... but please don't put the actual mashed potatoes in your ear... that is only going to make things worse... obviously.
4. Onion juice: Another crazy one. Heat the onion up until it produces some juice and rinse your ear out with it. The juice has natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities.
5. Garlic Oil: I can't explain it, but it works for some people! There are many different variations of garlic oil but they all seem to do the same thing for earaches.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar seems to cure just about anything... including earaches! Put some in the ear and then rinse out thoroughly.
7. Hydrogen Peroxide: This definitely isn't the first thing that comes to mind when you get ear pain... but supposedly it helps! Soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and squeeze a few drops into the ear. It should help remove debris and clear out your ear.
Goodbye, Ear Pain!
No one is a fan of ear pain and it can get in the way of some fun fall plans! So, if you're not into putting mashed potatoes in a sock, try out EAR PAIN MD today, available on Amazon and in CVS and Rite Aid stores nationwide.