There is nothing worse than a pain that doesn't go away no matter what you do. Ear pain can be very common in children, and while it doesn't seem to affect adults as much, it can be a fighting battle with over-the-counter medicines to decrease the discomfort. This article gives you some of the top reasons adults suffer from ear pain.
8 Reasons Adults Have Ear Pain
- Ear infection: Ear infections are very common with children, but it is still possible to get them as an adult. Ear infections could definitely be causing the pain in your ears.
- Flying: If you travel for work often, it may be the change in air pressure that is causing your ear pain. Some people react differently than others to the change, but it can definitely cause some discomfort.
- Earwax buildup: I know this sounds silly, but if there is too much wax in the ear canal, it can create a harsh pressure on your eardrum and cause pain. You may need to consider cleaning your ears to relieve this pressure.
- Foreign objects in the ear canal: It should be a given not to stick things in your ear, but if you do... it may cause some ear pain. Using cotton swabs and bobby pins to remove wax out of your ear is never a safe or smart option.
- Strep throat: Strep throat is an infection that can be very easily spread. The most common symptoms to have is a sore throat, fever, and swollen lymph nodes but some people often get ear pain.
- Sinus infections: This isn't something anyone is new to. Sinus infections can happen pretty often and it can result in some uncomfortable ear pain.
- Water trapped in the ear: This can happen in many different ways and can cause intense pain in the ear. Whether you got shampoo in your ear canal in the shower or were swimming, always be sure to completely dry out your ears after being in the water. Simply use a towel or in more serious circumstances, a blow dryer.
- Use of cotton swabs: I know what you're thinking... I already mentioned the use of cotton swabs above but that's just how important it is to stay away from them. Cleaning your ears with cotton swabs can result in pushing the wax and debris even further back in the ear canal causing pain and other issues.
Ear Pain MD™
So now you know some of the most common reasons that adults get ear pain, but what do you do when it occurs?
Eosera is excited to announce we are launching one of our newest products, Ear Pain MD™ in August! It is a doctor recommended fast-acting solution that instantly soothes. Be sure to be on the lookout for our official announcement of its launch!
Say No to Ear Pain!
No one has time to sit around and be miserable from ear pain. Next time you are suffering, remember this article for a better idea of what could be causing you discomfort. And remember... stay away from cotton swabs.
Eosera is happy to announce our ear care line, Everything Ear Care!
Our products are available online on Amazon, in CVS stores nationwide and select Target stores.